Oregon Trail Monument
The monument was originally located on west side of Powder River in Geiser-Pollman Park. The building in back ground was the Opera House. The Opera House burned down in 1934.
The monument is currently on east side of the river across from the Baker County Library.
The large granite monument that is in the Post Office Square at the intersection of Main, Resort, Dewey and Auburn was dedicated in 1943 on the 100th anniversary of the Old Oregon Trail with an obelisk erected on Flagstaff Hill at same time.
The information was supplied by Doug DeRoest.
The man on the left was Joe Meeker. The identity of the man on the right side is desired. Contact W. David Samuelsen, (email@example.com).
Return to Interesting Items